Steward Medical Group practices in San Antonio, Texas, have closed as of April 30, 2023, and are no longer providing patient care.
The affected locations and providers in San Antonio, TX are:
Larry Adams, MD, at Steward Surgical Specialist San Antonio, 7500 Barlite Avenue, Suite 311
Ashwini Kumar, MD, at Steward Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery, 7390 Barlite Avenue, Suite 205
Oscar Rivera, MD, at Steward Cardiology, 7390 Barlite Avenue, Suite 205
Melhem Dandan, MD, at Steward Women’s Health, 7430 Barlite Avenue, Suite 109
Orlando Sabbag, MD, and Farbod Malek at Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine, 7500 Barlite Avenue, Suite 311
Drs. Malek and Sabbag are moving to a new location:
- Bone and Joint Surgery Associates, P.A., 2122 Babcock Rd., Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78229
Dr. Kumar will see patients at the following:
- Alamo Heights Surgery, 1419 Austin Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78209
- Alamo Heights Surgery, 1701 Hwy 97 E, Suite B, Jourdanton, TX 78206
Telephone for both locations: 210-257-6151
Dr. Melhem Dandan will see patients at the following new location:
- Harlandale Clinic 354 E Southcross Blvd Ste 100 San Antonio TX 78214
- Patients may reach call 210-880-1196 to schedule upcoming appointments at Dr. Dandan’s new location
Beginning August 1, 2023, Dr. Oscar Rivera will see patients at:
- Christus Trinity Clinic Helotes, 12340 Bandera Rd, suite 104 Helotes, Tx 78023
- Ph: 210-920-8000
- Fax: 210-920-6000
Edgardo Benavides, DO, and Gregory Martinez, APRN will be seeing patients at:
- MedFirst Primary Care, 7719 Interstate 35 Access Rd. Suite 212 San Antonio, TX 78224
- Their phone number is staying the same at: 210-928-2273
- Their fax number is staying the same at: 210-928-7272
For patients of providers who do not have a new location/contact information listed, please call your health insurance plan for assistance. Please also see www.stewardmedicalgroup.org and/or www.texasvistamedicalcenter.org for information.
Your original records will remain with Steward Medical Group (SMG). If you need a copy of your medical records, please print a medical records request form from this web page and mail it to: Steward Medical Group, 9 Galen Street, Ste. 130, Watertown, MA 02472 Attn: San Antonio Medical Records Request. We welcome you to contact us at 617-562-5498 for medical record questions only.
Patients with a StewardCONNECT patient portal account (www.stewardconnect.org) may also access the portal for their health information.
Please be advised that if you enter a prescription refill request or message to your provider in your patient portal, the clinic will not receive the message.
Texas Vista Medical Center has closed and is no longer providing patient care. Steward Medical Group patients who also need access to their hospital medical records may visit: www.texasvistamedicalcenter.org for more information.
Medical Records request forms:
For general questions, please call: 432-268-5300.
If you need to speak with our Patient Financial Services team, please call: 1-833-764-1600.